Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ministry in the Image of God

We had the good fortune of reading Steve Seamands new book, Ministry in the Image of God: The Trinitarian Shape of Christian Service even before the book was published. It has to be one of the most practical descriptions of what it means to do ministry as trinitarian Christians. I had never really thought the Doctrine of Trinity could impact how I think about the practice of ministry, like this book has challenged me to think. In the book Seamands describes part of his big idea in this quote, "The ministry into which we have entered is the ministry of Jesus, the Son, to the Father, through the Holy Spirit, for the sake of the church and the world." The focus of our ministry changes when we take our trinitarian faith seriously. Though I recommended another book earlier on this blog -- I recommend this one even more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Saraland United Methodist Church